Check In To the race
The START is located at the lower parking lot of Timberline Lodge adjacent to the Day Lodge on Mt. Hood. The 39th annual Hood To Coast Relay begins Friday, August 28, with start times waves occurring every 15 minutes from 5:00am-2:00pm. We recommend one team vehicle (Van 1) be present at the Start Line. Van 2 and Van 1 should rendezvous at Exchange 6. Non-local teams receive their bags, sponsor schwag, race numbers, wrist wraps, vehicle signs, and T-shirts at the Start. Arrive 30 minutes prior to your Start Time to collect these materials and officially check in.
Van Check In Procedure at Timberline Lodge
1. 30 minutes prior to your team’s assigned Start Time, go to the Team Check-In Tent Equipment Check Area and have someone from your team (know your team number, only one person needs to go and this does not need to be the team captain) present the team’s working safety gear:
- – two (2) reflective vest
- – two (2) LED flashers
- – two (2) flashlights or hat with headlamp
The team member will also need to turn in a signed copy of the Safety Agreement (pg 79). Your team will then be issued the official Race Wrist Wrap, VAN SIGNS, and BIB NUMBERS. Without the official Race Wrist Wrap and approved Safety Equipment, your team will not start the race.
2. Teams scheduled to start in each upcoming wave will have their team name/number announced five minutes prior to scheduled start. The first runner must be at the Start Line. Teams cannot start before their assigned start time!
Van 2 should go to Exchange 6 (not Timberline) and does not have to provide any paperwork or safety gear here.
Required Safety Gear
From 6:00pm through 7:00am, runners/walkers while participating must:
- Wear a reflective vest (through 9am for reflective vest only)
- Carry a flashlight (headlight or similar)
- Wear one front and one back LED flasher
Teammates/support personnel are highly recommended to wear a reflective vest and LED flasher (when not inside the race vehicle), on the course or at any exchange, from 6pm – 9am.
All participants are encouraged to wear high visibility colors on Legs 19-35, during all hours.